Chef Siddiq has a proactive and industrious professional career with over 30 years of experience. He has a strong combination of culinary and management experience with expertise in food inventory planning, procurement and day-to-day hotel management activities. He is self-motivated and with the ability to work in both independent and collaborative work milieu.
He is an experienced and well-seasoned Executive Chef with expertise in Leading Teams, Food Production, Consultancy, Training, Kitchen & Financial Management.
Siddiq’s skills include
- Multi Cuisine
- Industrial and Bulk food production
- Specialised Banqueting
- Renovation and production layouts
- Team Building
- Developed and presented Fusion Kerala cuisine along with Yousouf Arakkal`s art exhibition at New Delhi.
- Represented Taj group in Kerala Food promotion at Carlton Tower hotel in Singapore
- Developed and executed special “Ayurvedic Recipes” for Taj group of hotels.
- Organized and Executed “Food Festival” in connection with “Tea & Tourism Festival” conducted by UPASI in Coonoor in 1993 & 1994.
- Conducted training classes on Food Production Management for Hotel Entrepreneurs and managerial hotel personnel as part of the seminar on “Orientation in Hospitality Industry” organized by Kerala Tourism Development Corporation (a Govt. Of India organization).
- Organized culinary competition for working Chefs in connection with the International Food Festival conducted by Kerala Tourism Development Corporation (a Govt. Of India organization); Was also a member of the panel of judges for the event.
- Conducted Modular courses for Hotel Chefs in Chinese & Continental cuisines.
- Served as Technical Consultant to Kalavara, a family restaurant.
- Culinary member of the Rotary G S E team which toured France in March – April 2001.
- Participated in Singapore Salon Culinary 2002 .
- Toured with a group of Canadian chefs and hotel owners, demonstrated Kerala cuisine in three different properties of the Taj Group of Hotels.
- Conducted Cookery Shows for various TV channels.
- Process owner for the study on preserves for the Leisure division of the Taj group of hotels.
- Member of the prize winning team of learning mission on Food Beverage Trends.
- Represented the Taj Group in FOOD and WINE event in Cape Town; conducted food demonstration for South African TV.
- Member Of the Board of Governors for Institute Of Hotel management and Catering Technology by ministry of Tourism, Govt Of India